Make a difference in research and/or community based solutions
We are looking for skilled professionals who are passionate and motivated to share their talents and expertise in research and/or to work with communities on the ground for pioneering innovative solutions.
While academic merit, publications, and other experiences are notable for research positions, the capacity building specialists bring home experiential learning. A successful candidate also demonstrates enthusiasm and possesses a commendable work ethic, team spirit, and communication skills. Besides conducting research or engaged in programmes, S/he will be involved in identifying new opportunities for research/programmes, including writing proposals for funding bids and management of programmes.
A selected individual must commit to work for 7 - 24 months for our long-term placements, or for 4 - 6 months for our more specialist short-term placements.
When to apply
- The Recruitment is open year-round.
To be eligible, applicants must have the following qualifications:
- A match between interns’ interests and Unnayan Onneshan’s projects and goals
- A time commitment of at least four - six months
- Have 2-5 years' professional experience
- An official qualification, such as a degree
- Pass a medical check and a criminal record check
- Aged between 25 and 65
- Be ready to start within the next 06 months
- Have strong written and verbal English skills
- Willing to work under pressure.
You’ll also need to:
- be prepared to invest time in self-briefing and training before going to your placement
- be willing to learn the basics of the local language of where you'll be working with modest living.
How to apply
Review and Interview
After careful review by a selected panel, a few applicants will be offered a phone interview to better understand the applicant’s interests, and skills.
Offers to successful candidates will be made approximately within two weeks to a month following the interview. More information about travel plans, and living arrangements will be discussed at that time.