1. What information UO may collect about you;
2. What UO does with the information we gather about you;
3. When UO may use your details to contact you;
4. Whether UO will disclose your details to anyone else;
5. Your choices regarding the personal information you have provided; and
6. UO's commitment to keeping your details secure.
1. General terms
Whenever you provide personal information to us, we are legally obliged to use this information in accordance with all laws concerning the protection of personal information in Bangladesh.
Be aware that UO's website contains links to other websites of interest operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we recommend that you review them as they will govern the use of personal information you submit whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites.
2. What information will UO collect about me?
Information will be requested from you when you subscribe to receive one of our newsletters, or sign up to attend any UO events. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable UO and its service providers to deliver the services you select. We may collect the following information:
2. Contact information, including email address;
3. Preferences and interests;
4. Other information relevant to user surveys.
The website uses traffic logs and cookies to identify which pages you visit or files you download. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
3. How will UO use the information they collect and when will they contact me?
UO will use your personal information to:
1. Periodically send you email announcements about new publications, meetings or other information you may find interesting;
2. Pass to a selection panel for consideration (in the case of online job applications);
3. Invite you to participate in or contribute to specific research projects being undertaken by UO researchers (participation is always voluntary).
Where UO proposes using your personal information for any purpose other than that for which you originally signed up, we will ensure to notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for use other than those listed above.
4. Will UO share my personal details with anyone else?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or disclosure is required by law.
5. How will UO keep my information secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
While we strive to keep the information that you supply secure, because of the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that your information will remain 100% secure at all times.
6. How long will UO keep my personal information?
The personal information you provide will be kept on our database for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. If you delete your account or request to be removed from a particular mailing list, your profile is tagged as inactive' and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
7. How can I contact UO about this policy?
By post: 16/2 Indira Road, Farmgate, Dhaka-1215, Bangladesh. G.P.O Box #2251
By phone: (+88 02) 8158274
Please address all queries to the Head of IT.
UO reserves the right to amend this policy by updating this page. For this reason, you may want to check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 29 May 2013.